About

No Comments on About

Hi!  My name is Damien Corsetti and I was born and raised in Newburgh, NY. I graduated Newburgh Free Academy in 1992 and attended Saint Michael’s College in the beautiful green mountain state of Vermont.  While at college,  I majored in Fine Arts and received my BA in Acting.  If you are going into the entertainment business you either go to New York or LA.  I decided to hit Broadway.  For a few years, I lived in New Rochelle, but eventually ended up moving to Spanish Harlem in Manhattan.  There I had a very excited job being a personal driver for the acclaimed actor, Al Pacino.  I worked for him and his company while pursuing a career in acting.  Things did not work out as planned and I realized that my heart belonged somewhere else.

I began directing the school plays at Iona Grammar School where my brother was the assistant head master.  I truly loved working with the children and knew that teaching and a classroom was where I needed to be. The Head Master took note as well, and in the fall of 2000, I was a fifth grade teacher at Iona Grammar School. That fall I began attending Iona College to get my masters degree in teaching.

I taught and attended school for five years.  During that time, I moved to Port Chester, NY and will always be grateful, for it was there that I met my beautiful wife. We married in the fall  of 2004.  We took a big chance and decided to move to Clifton Park.  We both found jobs, Wendy as an MRI technologist for Saint Peter’s Hospital, and me as a 6th grade teacher at O’Rourke Middle School in Burnt Hills.  I was also working as a part Real Estate Agent.

I was let go from O’Rourke due to enrollment numbers but was hired to teach at Karigon just 3 weeks later. I am truly thankful for this because my wife had just given birth to our first child 6 weeks prior. It was a crazy roller coaster ride.  Since my being hired in 2006, I have taught 2nd grade for 7 years and 5th grade for 3 years.  I am happy to say that this will be my 11th year at Karigon.  During that time, my family has grown as well.  I am a very proud father of three, two girls and one boy, and could not be happier.  After our third child, my wife was able to stay home and raise our children.  She now runs a work from home business as a skin care consultant.